Join us in the air!
The Secret of Success
We are growing! We have recently added a full time flight instructor and there will be more exciting announcements soon.
To obtain a Private Pilot License(PPL) in Canada, there are several requirements, note: you only need to be age 14 to start training and you don’t have to do ground school first. Start flying right away!
- Student Pilot Permit Age 14 (for solo flight), PPL Application Age 17
- Valid Category 1 or 3 Medical Certificate
- 45 hours of Ground School – Most of our students do Ground School online – there are several options
- Successfully complete (60%) Transport Canada Private Pilot Written Exam
- 25 Hrs Dual Flight Training Minimum
- 20 Hrs Solo Flight Training Minimum
- Successfully complete Private Pilot Flight Test
- Instrument & Navigation Training
Hourly costs vary depending on which of our aircraft you fly and how many hours to completion which depends on the student. Time also depends on the pace that the student chooses. Some people complete a license in 3-6 months, others over several years, whatever works for you.