The Vanderhoof Flying Club is currently planning our June 1st 2019 Young Eagles Day Event. If you are a currently licenced pilot with an aircraft, and would be interested in sharing the experience of flight with some young folks ages 8-17, please get in touch with us! You can contact form on our website or email email@example.com
You may already meet several of the requirements to fly a Young Eagle just by holding a current pilot certificate. Here are the requirements in full, which are designed to ensure your and your passenger’s safety.
To fly passengers in the EAA Young Eagles® program, you must:
- Be an EAA member.
- Complete the EAA Youth Protection Program, which includes a short training session and background check.
- Have a valid airman’s certificate (sport pilot or greater).
- Possess a current medical certificate or BasicMed (if applicable).
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use.
- Have a current biennial flight review.
- Conduct flights in an aircraft that is in airworthy condition.
- Have Aircraft Passenger Liability Insurance for the aircraft used (owned, rented, or borrowed).
- Adhere to all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Complete a Young Eagles registration form before the flight, signed by you and a parent or legal guardian.
Complete Youth Protection Training